Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Six girls, no boys, the beginning.

     So, not knowing where to start, I decided to start with my background.  My life is filled with estrogen, and although, lots of people have large amounts of females in their families, few have all of them in one place at the same time.  I'm Nicole Foster. I am married to Dan, who has the patience of a saint.  I have no idea how he does it, I'm envious!  I have six daughters. Danielle is 22, Tiffany is 19, Rachel is 13, Lilliana is 5, and the twins, Isabella and Gabriella are 3. I tried numerous times for a boy and as you can see, I failed to have a son.  Now, I know that the fathers are responsible for determining the sex of the baby, but I have to wonder if there is really anything else that factors into that.  Five pregnancies failed to produce a boy.  I'm not upset, in fact, I love that I have six daughters.  The reactions that I get when someone asks me if I have children have produced anything from a blank look to laughter and a "better you than me" or "your poor husband!".  My reactions have ranged anywhere from "Why, yes, it is better that its me than you!" (but normally only when I'm in a poor mood) to " My poor husband? What about me? He works 64 hours a week, I am the one who deals with it on a 24/7 basis!".

     I have four daughters still at home.  Danielle lives with her fiancee and has a gorgeous daughter, Kaileigh.  My granddaughter is 5 (add one more to the estrogen list!).  Tiffany lives with her fiancee and has the first boy in the family! Blake is 2 months old, and even though there is finally an estrogen free human in the mix now, it still doesn't balance out!

     My days are filled with the normal motherly stuff:  3 meals, snacks, changing the TV channel about 72 times a day because no one can agree on what show to watch, laundry, dishes, walking the dog (well, letting the dog out by himself most of the time because when I go towards the door meltdowns occur, God forbid I try to leave!), cleaning up spills, and thanks to potty training resistant twins, cleaning up pee and poop from the floor, ugh!

     I have a wonderful group of friends who kept telling me to write a book about my life with my daughters.  Why?  Because, frankly, some of this stuff is hilarious.  There are many times that at the precise moment of impact of one of those incidents, I don't find them so hilarious, but after I calm down, they normally are pretty funny!

     So, with having that bit of information and background, I am compiling some of the funniest moments of my life, so far, with my daughters and I will be back to blog more. I will try to blog daily about past funnies and present incidents.  Thanks for reading this, let me know what you think!

    


No comments:

Post a Comment