Friday, November 16, 2012

Things that make me insane...or keep me sane, haven't determined which, yet!

Trying to reason with 3 year old twins is like banging your head against a brick wall... They were throwing toys at each other and I told them that someone is going to get hurt and they both looked at me and said "Who? Rachel or Lily?" what was scary is that they said it in perfect unison....Oy vey...I'm in trouble..

I'm so tired after being up until 4 am that I'm getting silly, Lily walked in my room and said "Mommy, I need a snack" and my response was "There are towels in the dryer"......Should have seen the look I got...

Mission accomplished: I hear the twins and Lily yelling relentlessly for Rachel (who is in her room still asleep) Rachel comes out of her room and says: "OMG you are the most annoying people, I'M NEVER HAVING KIDS!!!"

Dan and I take the twins to the grocery store with us then to Bob Evans for lunch. While sitting at the table in the restaurant, Dan turns around to see Gabbi poking the old man behind us with a butter knife with this very concerned look on her face. We think she was trying to see if he was still alive, he was really old... The gentleman had a very good sense of humor once his wife laughed and told him what Gabbi was doing, can't believe he had no clue!

So I'm sitting here looking for cars on the web when my husband, who has been relatively quiet today, chimes in with... "We need to go to the music store and buy an oboe".  Of course, my response was " WTH do we need an oboe for?".... " All the cars you are looking at say OBO, and I so want to go to someones house to look at a car and give them an oboe and say thanks!!" *sigh*   

So at the bus stop this morning, Lily says to me
"I don't want to go to school today, Aiden keeps hitting me".
I asked why he hit her, she says " I don't know. He will be playing and then all of a sudden hit me on the arm, not hard, just kind of poke me".
I said " That's because he likes you.  He thinks you're pretty"
Of course she looks at me like Ive just grown a third eye and says " What??"
"When little boys like a girl and think shes pretty, sometimes they hit her".
Again with the look, Lily says with an exasperated sigh and a head shake " That is so weird. Why cant they just say they like you? Boys are so weird."


The kids got some slime with bugs and stuff in it, so Lily puts some on the screen door and I hear her say (and giggle) to Rachel:
" I put slime on the door so when Daddy opens it, he will get it on his hands and his face will do those funny faces"... I believe she is talking about the facial ticks they so often make him have...They have that art perfected... 


I'm very confused....Got Lily from the bus stop and she is all excited and tells me that she held a baby panda today in school...???? WHAT? So I tell her that it probably was not a baby panda and asked her to describe it... she says " it was a baby, small, and black and white, and very stinky"  Did they have a baby skunk in school?  This was later determined to be the class guinea pig, thank goodness!

So I'm out in the kitchen getting an apple when the twins tell me they want one, too.
"OK, do you want a red apple or a green apple?"
"Blue"
"There are no blue apples, do you want red or green"
"Purple"
"RED OR GREEN?"
"Yellow"
"We have red apples and green apples, which one do you want?"
"peanut butter sammich"
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment